Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I get so Emotional Baby...

Taking time today to sit down and really give some thought to my emotional self. Being that 39 years ago today, I came into this world crying, it leaves little to the imagination as to why I am so easily moved to tears. I laugh until I cry. I am sad- I cry. I get mad, waterworks. I drop a hat... well you get the picture. This blog time is dedicated to emotions. My main question was what makes me happy. My sister did a thing last year where she listed 100 things that make her happy. Well I only have an hour so I am only going to list 25: (in no particular order)
1) My children, their smiles and their laughter. 2) My husband, (today anyway). 3) My Mom, she is always there to tell me to take a nice warm bath, and light a few candles. I think that that is her recipe for just about anything that ailes you. 4) My sister. She is always there to vent to and I really love getting together just to laugh at the silly little things. She always lets me sing back up. 5) My brother- I know that even when I am 69 and he is 73 I will be his little sis. We may not alway see eye to eye, but he is the first person I think of when I want to tell something fun to. 6) Jennifer my best friend and sounding board, when items 1 though 6 are malfunctioning or not available. 7) My Aunt Karen, (Happy Birthday 2U2) She constantly reminds me how hard I work and how proud she is. 8) Uncle Larry... Red hair and smiling eyes... need I say more. 9) Chocolate. 10) Pizza 11) Teaching. 12) Hearing a song on the radio, and knowing all of the words- singing. 13) Really good books, 14) A really good cup of coffee, and conversation to go with it. 16) warm slippers, my Brian Urlacher Jersey and a pair of sweats. 18) football- GO BEARS!
19) surprises. 20) Finding money in last years coat. 21) Refridgerator pictures. 22)Rain 23) jokes 24) hearing little kids say thank you, with out being prompted. 25) my heating pad and my bears' blanket.
It only took about 10 minutes to come up with this list. And I am a bit more light hearted just doing this... very theraputic. I think taking some time to delve a bit deeper in what makes me happy is a good idea. Focusing on those things and not on the negative (like turning 39) will improve my mood around the house. I may even get to the other 75 some day.

2 comments:

  1. Growing older is not an opportunity that is afforded everyone. There is nothing negative about 39, especially when you still look like you are 38 (and not a day older! LOL!)

    ReplyDelete