I had to take a day for regrouping. I was hit with a very rude stomach flu. It only lasted the day, but it really interrupted my day. Thursday was my day to look into what I am doing spiritually for me. I was asked by a dear friend if I was only going to be invest one hour to my spirituality every week. The answer was no. My hour of power is set aside to focus what I need to be working on for the week. On Monday I look and the money that I am spending for the week and find new ways to cut back all week. On Thursday I look at the ways that I can center myself in my spirituality, the little things that I can do to spend my time with God, praying, looking for guidance. One of the things that I came up with was my shower meditation. I really don't have a lot of time that someone isn't demanding something of me. Children, husband, work, basketball team, and now Little League. Now mind you I signed on for 99% of this so I take responsibility by trying not to complain too much. But I don't have to deal with all of that stuff for the 15 to 20 minutes that I am showering. I take that time to let the water wash away all of my stress and toxins from the day before. Thinking only positive thoughts. I am focusing on really letting some of the negativity go down the drain, and not revisiting it later in the day. Whats done is done.
The second thing that I am working on is my language. I would like to think that if I were standing before God I would not drop the F-bomb. (But if someone is going to do it... yep probably me.) So I have resolved to remind myself that profanity is a sign of lower intelligence, and try not to say those little sentence enhancers. - More later.
Sunday, January 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment