Anyone who knows me, knows that this time last year I was battling a weird infliction. I spontaneously threw up most of what I ate. It was thoroughly unintentional and stopped after much medical testing and shortly after our household was suddenly one Ziegler female fewer. The doctors and I chalked it up to stress. I lost around 50 pounds... But I a really bad looser, so I won back 35 pounds. I don't necessarily struggle with my weight, though, now that I am 39 I do find that most of my free style of eating has caught up with me in the (rear) end.
So, today I am taking a closer look at what I eat and when I am going to start to list everything I eat. It will also say when and how often I eat. When I get this information for about a week, I will decide what needs to be changed. I know for a fact that I do tend to favor sweet and easy over hard to make and time consuming. If I make changes to my diet they also affect my children and husband's eating habits, so this will benefit more than just me.
I am not quite ready to put my foot down on the exercise mat, that will come in time. I am doing a lot of walking in class. It just happens that the two students that have questions are always sitting across the room from each other. I think they do it on purpose. I also have started wearing 3 inch heals, this is a great leg work out, every step counts.
Another reason that my diet is off right now is that Mason just started basketball, and I am still running Alex to driver's training. My urge is to get everyone where they need to be and then "stop and pick something up". For anyone who doesn't know "something" is usually unhealthy crap, wrapped in empty calories, fried in oil and served with a side of ranch and a non dairy milk shake.
My other goal is to utilize the Chicago Bears water bottle Mark gave me for Christmas- 3 times a day. And yes utilize means drink water out of it.
That is all for now... Tomorrow.
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

My mother-in-law told me about fitday.com, a free website where you can put in what you eat and it tells you what you're getting out of it, as in carbs, fat, protein, vitamins, and minerals. You can use it to track your exercise, too, and it will show you how many calories you burn vs. consume. Sometimes you have to put in all the ingredients and then figure out how much of each you ate, but on the plus side that really makes you look at what you're eating more carefully and you can see how each ingredient impacts your diet.
ReplyDelete